Associate Electrical Design Engineer
Skilled Careers are currently working with a multi-disciplinary consultancy is currently looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their Reading office due to securing a number of projects giving them a very healthy pipeline of work.
Our current wide ranging project portfolio includes work in the science and research, advanced manufacturing, motorsport, education, defence, commercial and residential sectors.
- To lead MEP engineering teams delivering a range of project work
- Managing risk within MEP engineering projects; having good working knowledge of MEP scope/appointments and excellent commercial acumen
- To act as the lead engineer in a design team being responsible for electrical building services concept and detailed design
- Supervising and monitoring the work of others in this function
- Mentoring and developing junior engineers
- Producing reports, drawings and specifications to suit various RIBA design stages
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
What We Can Offer
This role offers you the chance to progress your career at a forward thinking, friendly company.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Car allowance
- Generous bonus scheme
- 26 days holiday – entitlements increasing by 1 day per annum after 3, 5 and 8 years
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Standard 6% pension contribution – rising to 7% after 5 years, and 8% after 10 years.
- Highly competitive salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buying and selling annual leave
- Gym membership scheme
- Salary sacrifice electric car leasing scheme
For more information on this opportunity contact Lauren Bishop at Lbishop@skilledcareers.co.uk