An exciting opportunity has arisen for a contract position as Void Surveyor in South London covering Lambeth patches with a Local Authority.
Salary: from £39,615 per annum (plus package)
12 Month FTC
4 days working in office/site visits and 1 day WFH
- Delivery and monitoring of a Planned & Cyclical Maintenance programme for a geographical housing area.
- Provision of surveying services including the delivery of works and services programmes and projects to time, cost and quality.
- Undertake physical pre-inspections of council stock in tenanted and communal locations.
- Identification and accurate diagnosis of complex repairs for occupied and void properties, ensuring all works are completed in a timely and effective manner to prevent unnecessary financial loss to the council in disrepair claims.
- Work closely with Disrepair Case managers and undertake inspections and write specifications relating to new disrepair claims under Section 11.
- Provision of precise specification of repairs of a complex and technical nature to a professional standard for repairs relating to structural defects.
- Ensure appropriate and effective consultation with residents.
- Liaison with and efficient monitoring of repair contractors.
- Devising and recommending cost effective solutions to repair problems.
- Undertake quality checks and Post Inspections of completed works orders when selected.
- Apply “Safeguarding” principles when visiting resident’s homes, ensuring any concerns about vulnerable residents and children are reported via Housing Staff or Social Services.
If you would like to know more about this role or to get the detailed JD, please get in touch with me for more information.
Please apply with submission of your CV and Omar from our London office will be in Touch. For more information and a confidential chat about the position, please do not hesitate to call me on 07485 319998.