Joinery Project Manager
£55,000 – £75,000 + Package
- To help site teams’ delivery of project HSEQ targets, programme targets and commercial targets.
- To help with the setup of new sites. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring site compound is set up
- Ordering and managing delivery of plant for site setup
- Liaising with subcontractors such as scaffolder
- Working with contracts manager to ensure permits are in place.
- To help the bedding in and training of new site teams into projects and Heron practices and policies.
- To supervise, co-ordinate and monitor site managers, sub-contractors, material suppliers and providers.
- To monitor progress and report progress on a regular basis.
- To ensure site mangers are following Heron Standards for Health and Safety on site and monitor competence to ensure work deadlines and quality requirements are met.
- To ensure all risk assessments and method statements are appropriately prepared.
- To ensure all risk assessments and method statements are signed up to by operatives and being followed.
- To advise on and amend where required said doc’s on site as and where required for the betterment of health and safety on site.
- To inspect site works, equipment, plant etc.
- To liaise with consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, quantity surveyors, head office and the general workforce involved in the project where required.
- To liaise with clients and their representatives, including attending regular meetings and keeping them informed of progress.
- To manage health and safety, quality and environmental control on site and to undertake functions as part of the IMS requirements.
- Working to ensure commercial performance is being achieved.
- Ensure that all variations are being captured
- Ensuring that works are not taking place that are not part of our scope without instruction from the relevant person in the client’s team or Heron Commercial team.
- Ensuring that VO’s are being reported to Heron Q.S and VO’s are being raised.
- Ensure projects are being kept within budget figures.
- Working with Q.S and contracts manger to build up costs.
- Working with site managers and contracts manager to achieve JCS Margins.
- To score labour only subcontractors on a weekly basis
- To use nominated IT software packages.
- To chair and minute technical/Sub-Contractor meetings.
- To report all incidents, delays, defects, problems immediately to Contracts Manager.
- To solve problems proactively and as part of a committed Heron Bros Ltd project team
- To liaise with and assist as part of the project team in improving our monthly project KPI results.
- To take part in or carry out site surveys.
- To work with the remedial team, site managers and contracts manager to ensure remedials and snags are being captured and closed out in a timely fashion.
- To undertake some remedial works on your project where required by HJ.
- To always represent and implement an excellent Public Relations image of HJ to our clients, design teams, general public and within HJ.
- To undertake any other tasks as directed by Contracts Manager or senior management.
- At least 5 years’ experience gained in construction industry
- Experience gained in subcontractor management to include CDM, RAMS, scheduling, site experience.
- Excellent communicator
- Confident dealing with clients, subcontractors and site teams
- Strong IT skills and working experience on a range of IT packages
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- CSR/CSCS or equivalent attainment
- Current valid UK driving licence
If this job is of interest please don't hesitate to apply.