Skilled Careers are working alongside a national property services contractor who is looking to recruit a Contracts Manager in the Guildford/Farnham area
Managing a contract of over 5,000 properties as well as a team of supervisors and operatives,the role is to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the contract, to maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction are attained consistently, whilst ensuring the service delivered achieves agreed levels of profitability.
- To work in partnership with the clients to exceed operational and business expectations. Overall responsibility for management and motivation of full-time staff and contractors.
- To ensure profit and performance targets are achieved.
- Liaise and develop relationships with the client's representatives and resident groups.
- Monitor the performance of the contract and ensure that Key Performance Indicators are achieved.
- Manage resources to ensure efficiency and contractual obligations are maintained.
- Monitor progress of the contract to ensure the completed works are correct and to the agreed specification standard Monitor quality, safety and environment and promote a safety culture within the business unit.
- Manage a team of Contract Supervisors / Supervisors and liaise with Administrators and Resident Liaison Officers to ensure contractual expectations are met along with responsibility for the mentoring and development of employees.
- Ensuring works are completed on time and to a high-quality standard Maintain and develop reports on progress and performance of contract.
- Monitor management systems and process to ensure that they are maintained, and targets are achieved.
- Key Knowledge Formal qualification and training within the Construction industry.
- Understanding of all principles within contract management.
- The ability to adapt to busy workload.
- Ability to prioritise to meet an ever-changing schedule and demands Strong management skills and the ability to motivate a team at all levels.
- Experience within a result driven business.
- Ability to be innovative and creative to resolve complex issues
- Knowledge of building maintenance and repairs
- Trade background preferred General Health and Safety, IOSH, CSCS, Scaffold Management, SMSTS Key Skills Good communicator IT literate Systems driven Proactive ther Key Information.
- Manage communication and information transfer with other teams to ensure efficient working To complete work sheets and reports as required.
- Must be prepared to work at heights using ladders, scaffolding and work in confined spaces and in a variety of work conditions that may prevail at that time.
- Working as an integral team member as well as a mentor and coach to apprentices and colleagues To adhere to and comply with Company HR Policies and Health and Safety legislation including necessary inspections such as scaffolds, works in progress and operative / subcontractors to ensure company compliance.
- To carry out and promote the employer’s policy regarding Equal Opportunities Accepting jobs in any area required by your line managers Encompass Company change, including any training where necessary with positive attitude.
- Must be prepared to comply with all company policies and procedures Follow and support policies, procedures, initiatives, and work instructions related to sustainability improvement and environmental compliance.
- To undertake such duties, which are commensurate with the post from time to time at the direction of line managers.
- To have a flexible approach and undertake any tasks that maybe required as part of the role.
We work with some of the UK’s largest building owners, landlords, facility managers to provide strategic building repairs, planned maintenance and improvement across all property sectors. We are a value led business, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace diversity above all.