Salary up to £60k (negotiable) plus benefits
A leading Main Contractor are looking for an ambitious and experienced Quantity Surveyor to play a key role Mixed Use Scheme that values up to £65m which is set to start in the New Year.
This is with a company that champions talent and will give you the opportunities to stand out and make a successful career with this leading Main Contractor.
Overview of the role
- Effective commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable, in particular CVR's, forecasts, Continuous Improvement documents, cash flow forecast, Commercial register etc
- Effective cash management including timely application / certification / invoicing / payment / receipts and careful administration of subcontract accounts.
- Keeping line manager appraised of progress of all accounts both client and subcontract through to finalisation.
- Ensuring that payments and notices are affected in accordance with the subcontract and
- Construction Act and ensure that any commercial threats or risks to projects are identified and communicated to line manager.
- In conjunction with the Procurement team ensure that the procurement of sub-trades and suppliers is undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner ensuring that the packages are robust with buying gains optimised.
- Manage the timely production of the Main/Subcontract Final Accounts, including re-measurement as necessary to ensure the best result, evaluation and agreement of all variations, extensions of time, loss and expense claims.
- Support the bid and business development processes through liaison with the relevant teams and personnel, co-ordinating and providing constructive commercial input, as required
- Ensure the effective commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
- Lead on effective risk management and protect business reputation.
- Quantity Surveying experience from a contractor
- Ownership of project budgets and costs
- Delivery of budgeted profit margins
- Effective main / trade contractor procurement and management
- Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying Qualification
- Professional Qualification such as MCIOB, MRICS, CIPS or SCM (desirable)
This is an exciting opportunity with a Main Contractor that doesn’t come along often and one where you will see yourself for the long term.
For more information contact Kieran Brown on 07711 420 662 or send an email to [email protected]