Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Cardiff City Centre – Main Contractor
£60,000 salary plus car allowance and healthcare
Skilled Careers are working with a lead main contractor who are looking for a Assistant Quantity Surveyor from a Main Contractor background.
They will want the Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work on a £60m high rise project in the city centre and the ideal individual must be someone who has shown longevity in their career.
Overview of the role
• To maximise the commercial efficiency of the project or projects whilst reducing the risk profile for the business.
• All Quantity Surveying duties including measurement, valuation and agreement of work sections.
• Preparation of tender enquires for subcontract works packages and analysis of tender returns followed by package recommendation report.
• To establish and maintain relationships with the clients and supply chain partners
• Preparation of interim applications for payment and internal valuations.
• Administration and settlement of subcontractors
• Preparation of loss and expense submissions
• Assist the accounts team with matching invoices to orders and delivery notes and the correct allocation of cost to projects.
• Quantity Surveying experience from a contractor background
• Ownership of project budgets and costs
• Delivery of budgeted profit margins
• Effective main / trade contractor procurement and management
• Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying Qualification
• Professional Qualification such as MCIOB, MRICS, CIPS or SCM (desirable)
This is an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Quantity Surveyor and one that doesn’t come along often with this Contractor.
For more information contact Kieran Brown on 07711 420 662 or send an email to [email protected]