Senior Structural Engineer
This tier one main contractor is recruiting a Senior Design Engineer to join there Technical Services team, based in Hertfordshire. The role will require a balance of office working and home working.
Reporting to a Principal Design Engineer you will have experience in a Design Engineering role within the construction industry, both creating and checking temporary works designs.
You will primarily focus on:
• The production of drawings, calculations and specifications for a diverse range of permanent and temporary works schemes, as well as the provision of buildability, construction methodology and value engineering advice for tender opportunities and for live projects across our construction business.
• Liaison with clients, project teams, subcontractors and proprietary suppliers.
Who are we looking for?
• You will have a demonstrable successful career record gained within a contracting and (possibly) a consultancy background.
• A degree in civil or structural engineering and working towards relevant professional qualifications.
• Experience of both above and below the ground temporary works design
• BIM experience and knowledge
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software, AutoCAD and common engineering analysis and design software
• Ability to interpret, analyse and critique subcontractor temporary works designs.
• Some Geotechnical Engineering experience.
• Some experience of soil and ground water contamination assessment and analysis, remediation techniques and waste disposal
• Appreciation of M&E services within building construction
• Experience in incident and accident investigation and reporting
• Good report writing ability
• Excellent written and verbal English skills
• Experience or willingness to get involved in mentoring staff through ICE training scheme
• High levels of professional integrity, self-motivation and enthusiasm
• Team ethos
For more information please contact [email protected]