Senior Electrical Design Engineer
We are currently working alongside an established building services consultant based in Central London and due to a recent increase in their workload, we have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design to join their growing team.
The ideal Senior Electrical Design Engineer will be required to work on a range of projects across a variety of sectors. Due to the nature of the role site visits will be required. The ideal Senior Electrical Design Engineer must be prepared to travel nationwide though the majority of their work is currently in London and the South East.
Our client undertakes a significant number of projects within the Healthcare sector, therefore, only candidates with a history of experience of projects in the healthcare/hospital sector will be considered for interview.
Experience in areas such as Operating Theatres, MRI/CT scanners, Endoscopy and a detailed working knowledge of Health Technical memorandum (HTM’s) and Health Building Notes (HBN’s) is desirable.
1. Design and specify the following systems for integration into the overall designs of multiple projects, acting as part of the larger design team:
- Lighting control.
- Emergency lighting.
- Fire alarm systems.
- Small power systems.
- Emergency generator back-up.
- UPS/IPS systems.
- LV distribution & LV switch panels.
- Security systems.
- Systems peculiar to health care buildings such as nurse call/alarm systems.
This list is not exhaustive, and the successful candidate will be expected to cover all areas expected of a senior engineer, which can be discussed in more detail during interview stage.
2. Attend project meetings with clients and professional team.
3. Undertake calculations using Amtech.
4. Produce drawings and specifications in line with client requirements.
5. Carry out condition surveys, dilapidation surveys or specific surveys to provide information for stock condition/asset management systems, and/or to aid asset appraisal, and report in the appropriate format.
6. Undertake surveys and produce CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) reports
7. Input into Part L calculations.
8. Input into BREEAM calculations and design.
9. Prepare budgets for proposed works.
10. Help generate repeat business through continued care of clients; you will be client-facing under the guidance of your Line Manager and Director.
11. Assessing and commenting of electrical feasibility of new projects
12. Undertake Quality Assurance procedures of electrical designs.
13. Carry out any other duties of a similar or related nature that may be requested by the Line Manager or Director.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services
- Qualified at least to HNC or HND level, with suitable design experience as alternative to degree
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of eight years’ experience of design in building services, post qualification completion
- Working knowledge of British Standards
- Working knowledge of UK Building Regulations
- Working knowledge of HTM’s & HBN’s.
- Working knowledge of BREEAM
- Software calculations/design using Amtech.
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to prepare and write accurate correspondence and reports
- Good problem-solving skills, with the ability to provide practical solutions
- Strong team-working skills
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent IT skills
For more information regarding the above role please contact Stephen Tiigah – [email protected]