Principal Electrical Engineer
Principal Electrical Engineer – Central London – Up to £70k + Fantastic Benefits
We are currently working with a highly recognised consultancy who are dynamic, flexible and unburdened by the administrative constraints of being part of a much larger company, leaving their employees to enjoy what they joined the industry to do – engineering!
Due to continued project growth, we are currently looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join their growing team.
As the selected Principal Electrical Engineer, you will play a key role in the building services team.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Designing and specifying electrical building systems, equipment, facilities, components and products
- Reporting and reviewing electrical engineering options, and creating final proposals
- Acting as a technical mentor for junior engineers
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of a wide range of projects including hotel, commercial buildings and aviation.
- Take or support financial control of projects
- Train and mentor junior engineers
- Understand client and market requirements
- Assist with bidding and developing the business
- Be capable of managing digital delivery and developing the BIM capability and 3D modelling
- Be capable to manage company remote design delivery teams.
- Attending project design team meetings
- Liaising with other engineering disciplines to successfully deliver the project
- Liaising with the client and other key stakeholders
- Assist in the management of the commercial and contractual side of projects
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree qualified in Electrical or Building Services Engineering
- Experience within the commercial buildings and residential sector
- Chartered status with CIBSE
- Knowledge of relevant codes, standards and legislation
- Experience working in a client facing role
- Business development experience
To apply for this position please contact Charlie Nicol – [email protected]