Would you like to be part of an award-winning UK multi-discipline consultancy with an open and friendly culture and the opportunity to work on varied and exciting projects?
The consultancy provides professional, integrated efficient design and consultancy solutions for the built environment, from inception to completion. They operate in a range of sectors which include Residential, Transport, Rail Infrastructure, Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Public Buildings, Office, Retail & Leisure, which will give you the opportunity to work on various development infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will play an extremely important role in delivering innovative solutions for their clients' whilst developing and strengthening their Civil Engineering team not only within the head office but throughout the entire civils discipline within the company.
- Leading and growing the Civil Engineering discipline,
- Manage existing clients and develop further opportunities,
- Responsibility for resourcing and delivering to a financial target,
- Oversight of the team's work to a high standard,
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office,
- Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals,
- Responsibility for delivering work to a pre-agreed budget,
- Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
- Responsible for negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees,
- Construct teams from internal and external resources,
- Lead the technical development of the group.
- Strong analytical and research skills,
- Experience in negotiating with Statutory Authorities,
- Strong IT skills along with an ability to interpret and work with maps, plans and drawings,
- Experience of design software commonly used in the design of infrastructure associated with building-based projects. This could include Autodesk Civil 3D, AutoCAD, MicroDrainage.
- A good understanding of sustainable development practice.
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a multidisciplinary team, whilst taking responsibility for the quality of their and the team’s work.
- The ability to liaise directly with clients, and other parties in the project’s professional team.
- The ability to communicate confidently and to be able to adapt their approach to suit the specific situation.
- £65k – £75k
- Car allowance
- Annual Leave – 24 days, option to buy / sell up to 3
- Flexible working hours
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Discounts
To apply please send a CV to Kenny at [email protected]