Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Job Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Head Office: Essex
Project Locations: Essex/Hertfordshire
Package: £40,000 – £45,000
A leading regional contractor with a turnover of £26m are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work in a team of four within commercial.
You will be working on a variety of projects valued between £500k and £6m. One of the best aspects of this is company is they have a fantastic reputation of promoting from within.
This is a great opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to be with a 50 staff strong company who have the aim to reach a turnover of £30m.
- Working within a team of four involved with a variety of the different sectors including Student Accommodation, Education, Commercial and Healthcare.
- Develop an understanding of all designated contracts, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout the contracts
- Conduct contract risk and opportunity assessment to identify these areas and plan for them accordingly to ensure pricing remains on budget without undermining Health and Safety
- Assist the Estimating team with pre-tender due diligence to ensure consistent commercial goals, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- To liaise with all staff, clients, consultants and residents in a professional manner to build client relationships helping future business development
- Have a few years’ experience under your belt so that you will be ready to step up to QS soon.
- Ideally refurb/fit out experience.
- Driver’s license.
- Able to travel round the Essex and Hertfordshire area.
What is in it for you?
- Salary between £40,000 and £45,000.
- One day a week working from home (after probation)
- Flexible Company.
- Always give opportunities for staff to progress.
For more information on this Assistant Quantity Surveyor position contact Kieran Brown on 07711 420 662 or send an email to [email protected]