Our Client are a multi-disciplinary design consultancy based in Chesham works on a range of multi-disciplinary projects with a focus to grow the Transport Planning department.
They are looking for a Transport Planner with a genuine enthusiasm for Transport Planning to join the team. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the technical excellence of the team and can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
The Transport team undertakes development planning work, providing advice to private sector and local authority clients on access and transportation issues and supporting development proposals through the planning process.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with the opportunity to progress.
The successful candidate will have:
• A MSc, BSc in Transport Planning or Geography
• 3-6yrs experience in a Transport Planning role
• Enthusiasm in transport planning
• Experience of AutoCAD, ARCADY, PICADY and LINSIG (junctions 9 software)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The main duties of this role will include:
• Preparation of Transport Assessments/Statements/Strategies
• Preparation and presentation of technical data and drawings
• Assistance in preparation of reports and calculations
• Preparation of Travel Plans as well as Travel Plan Coordination
• Preparation of outline highways drawings
• Management of small and medium scale projects
• Liaison with clients/contractors and local / national authorities as required
• Briefing Technicians in the production of drawings and models
• Working collectively with other technical disciplines
• Assist with other traffic/transport related tasks required by your Line Manager
What in it for you:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Discounts, Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Pension, Cash Plans (after qualifying period)
• 24 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service.
• Buy/sell annual leave.
• Flexible working hours
• Membership of relevant institutions paid (i.e. CIHT, ICE)
To apply please send a CV to Kenny at [email protected]