To £38k + Car or £5k Car allowance, pension, healthcare and bonus
Bedfordshire with visits to Oxford and Cambridge
If you are a NEBOSH Construction qualified SHE Advisor and are able to visit sites from Oxford across to Cambridgeshire then I have a career developing role for you.
This is a great opportunity to join an established team of Health & Safety professionals who work closely with the site teams to advise on all safety related matters. Your work will see you involved with new build and refurbishment projects ranging from £5M to £70M in the education, health, commercial, pharmaceutical and automotive sectors.
- You will provide advice to various departments when they are producing the Construction SHE Plans, the Site-Specific Environmental Plan and the traffic management plan
- Ensure that new sites are correctly set up in accordance with the SHE Plan
- Carry out regular site visits to provide advice and support to the site teams, look at future activities to ensure they have been properly planned, and check that the SHE Plan is up to date and any changes recorded
- Assist in incident investigations including significant near-misses, and any internal or external notices issued by enforcement authorities
- Attend internal review meetings on site, and meetings with client’s representatives, planning supervisors, etc. as required
- Carry out random D&A testing
- Promote company objectives and targets
- 2 years’ experience of advising on H&S within the construction industry. You must be able to demonstrate practical involvement with the authority and decision making skills needed for this role. Whilst a background in Site Management or construction trades is welcomed, solely carrying out safety inspections and audits does not meet the criteria for this role.
- You must have sufficient depth of knowledge and experience of the conditions, problems, pressures, practices, and legal issues which affect carrying out construction work.
- You should hold an appropriate membership of a professional Health and Safety body (IOSH, IIRSM or IRM) and NEBOSH Construction
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Car or car allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension contribution (Above statutory levels)
- Inclusion into company bonus scheme