Senior Structural BIM Coodinator
One of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, with over 50,000 employees worldwide is offering an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery they are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including Aviation, Defence, Energy, Cities and Development, Education, Rail and Water.
They provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including; Education, Commercial, Residential, Defence, Energy and Transportation.
The Bristol office is looking to appoint a Senior BIM Modeller / Coordinator into the Structures team to help deliver work on major defense and nuclear projects in the South West. Successful candidates will be required to work a minimum of 3 days per week from a client office or construction site in Devon or Somerset.
You will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects in the UK. As well as the role providing technical and creative challenges you will have the satisfaction of working on projects which are changing the way people live and work today.
This role will require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
Description of Responsibilities
- The Project BIM Modeller / Coordinator is a key function within the project delivery and shall have effective regard for the coordination and management of project workflows which assist with the creation and managing of digital information and in accordance with the project BIM Execution plan.
- The Project BIM Coordinator shall have responsibility for ensuring the Project Information model is developed to the agreed levels of information and in strict accordance with the agreed standards, methods and procedures, defined in the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP). The Project BIM Modeller / Coordinator shall develop the required data sets and conduct clash detection and model coordination and assist the team with model issues that arise.
- Prepare BIM models and drawings or other associated data.
- Work with Project Managers, Technical Leads and other key project stakeholders as appropriate to provide technical BIM leadership.
- Assist the MIP BIM Manager in the development and implementation of the project BEP and observe and enforce the adoption and adherence to it.
- Work with the IT Team to implement the agreed IT infrastructure to deliver the project. This may include facilitating the IT infrastructure for collaboration e.g. via the Common Data Environment (CDE). It will also include determining and configuring the relevant software tools to deliver the project BIM goals and uses e.g. model authoring and checking tools considering all interoperability issues.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Teams and Technical Leads to agree the spatial sub-division of the project which subsequently informs the development of the schedule of model deliverable
- Work with the project manager to establish and ensure the Task Information Delivery Plan reflects the program and is maintained
- Ensure project information is stored in a controlled, secure and logical manner with a security minded approach (PAS1192-5) so it is easily accessed and understood by the project team
- Perform clash avoidance testing using Navisworks Manage and review clash reports
- Facilitate the model infrastructure to support regular design coordination meetings scheduled to address design coordination issues and help manage the Project Teams to effectively resolve associated clashes.
- Perform model and data validation using Solibri model checker
- Carry out Cobie delivery and Cobie exports
- Ensure models utilise structure health and safety information in accordance with PAS1192-6
- Assure information model management and compliance following project CAD/BIM Standards, processes, template, content libraries, promote and share best practice for the information production efficiency and quality
- Ensure the CDE processes are followed and supported by appropriate systems to ensure
- information is properly checked, reviewed, approved and authorised as it moves between the different steps of WIP, Shared, Published and Archived.
- Assist project teams with modelling and detailing on projects
- Develop and Maintain the Risk Register and help resolve BIM design issues
- Manage and maintain project content and request additional content for project teams as required
- Helping to technically deliver BIM projects in the role of CAD and BIM coordination
- Helping to Deploy BIM training in line with the MIP BIM training plan
- Production experience in design and/or drafting.
- In-depth knowledge of UK BIM Framework in accordance with ISO19650 (BIM Level 2) requirements
- In-depth experience of Autodesk products specifically Revit, Civils 3D and Navisworks.
- In-depth experience of utilising a Common Data Environments to support project delivery. (Autodesk Vault experience would be an advantage)
- Good knowledge of Information Management processes and standards
- Good knowledge of Asset Management standards including Uniclass 2015 classification and Cobie delivery.
- Good knowledge of digital tools (e.g. software) within the Infrastructure and construction industry including collaboration platforms such as Revizto
- Experience of utilising automation process to improve efficiency (e.g. use of scripting platforms such as Dynamo and/or Grasshopper)
- Leading and working as part of a team with good interpersonal skills
- 4D BIM and simulation