Senior Project Planner
Senior Planner – Birmingham
80k – 90k + 7k car + 8% Pension + Bonus + Healthcare + life Assurance
I am currently working with a Tier 1 Main Contractor who specialising in maximising value for customers in the public and private sector. The Contractor are looking for a Senior Planner at the Birmingham Office to join an ever growing and rewarding business which will allow you to progress and take your career to the next level. The company values of integrity, intelligence, performance, teamwork and respect for people, communities and the environment run through the business at every level and are at the heart of everything they do. The Senior Planner will be required to provide functional leadership and an effective and professional planning and programming service for pre-contract and project teams, on a complex or major project or a cluster of projects. Reporting to the Project Director, the Bid Centre Manager for pre contract planning and to the Planning Manager on functional issues and career development.
- Identify staff resource requirements. Assist with recruitment and development of staff
- Mentor and motivate junior planning staff. Establish and provide training and guidelines.
- Agree level of planning service with project teams, check and address quality issues.
- Assumes accountability for the most complex, largest or several significant projects at a time and brings all to a successful conclusion with minimal supervision. This may involve supervising other Planners.
- Investigate and report on possible innovation in construction and planning techniques
- Prepare or provide input into project reports
- Instigate and monitor a balanced suite of performance measurement criteria throughout a project’s lifecycle, including Key Performance Indicators, milestone management and analysis of trends.
- Provide training and support to “non-planning” project staff
- Keep records and maintain “as-built” programmes on site. Keep register of programme issues.
- Set up protocols and manage Supply Chain programme production, issue, and acceptance
- Change management: review programme effect of changes and advise on EOT issues
- Ensure proper integration of design and procurement elements of programmes with construction. Produce and monitor Master Information Required Schedule (with DM, if appropriate).
- Quality checking of programmes produced by junior planning staff
- Produce and manage integrated target programmes and assist with production of short-term programmes.
- Provide construction advice to key clients and consultants
- Provide planning input into prequalification process
- Produce integrated tender programme and method statement and present proposals to settlement meeting
- Produce schedules, obtain and analyse quotes for all time-related preliminaries
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of a variety of construction industry sectors
- Knowledge of various, commonly used forms of construction contract
- Aware of the implications of recruitment and disciplinary legislation
- Knowledge of construction resource requirements and outputs
- Awareness of a variety of performance measurement techniques, such as Critical Path Analysis, Earned Value Analysis and use of Key Performance Indicators
- Knowledge of H&S and environmental issues
- Knowledge of risk management techniques and value creation
- Knowledge of market conditions and lead-in periods
- Degree or Higher National Diploma or appropriate experience
- Membership of CIOB or equivalent professional body
- CSCS card holder
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your details to [email protected]