Quantity Surveyor – Refurbishment
Skilled Careers are currently recruiting for a main contractor whom specialise in high end refurbishments and social housing projects across London and the south. You must have experience on internal and external refurbishments within social housing.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to manage the day to day commercial control, reporting and management of one or more projects from award up to final account. Your duties will include
* Effective commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable, in particular CVR's, forecasts, Continous Improvement documents, cash flow forecast, Commercial register etc
* Effective cash management including timely application / certification / invoicing / payment / receipts and careful administration of subcontract accounts.
* Keeping line manager appraised of progress of all accounts both client and subcontract through to finalisation.
* Ensuring that payments and notices are effected in accordance with the subcontract and Construction Act and ensure that any commercial threats or risks to projects are identified and communicated to line manager.
* In conjunction with the Procurement team ensure that the procurement of sub-trades and suppliers is undertaken in a timely and cost effective manner ensuring that the packages are robust with buying gains optimised.
* Manage the timely production of the Main/Subcontract Final Accounts, including re-measurement as necessary to ensure the best result, evaluation and agreement of all variations, extensions of time, loss and expense claims.
* Site visits as required to carry out surveying duties
* Support the bid and business development processes through liaison with the relevant teams and personnel, co-ordinating and providing constructive commercial input, as required
* Ensure the effective commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
* Lead on effective risk management and protect business reputation.
* Ensure that cash flow forecasts are timely, accurate and are optimised where possible
* Previous experience in similar role
* Knowledge and understanding of measurement and valuation.
* Knowledge and understanding of budgets and forecast management.
* Preparation and understanding of CVR's and supplementary financial reports.
* Knowledge and understanding of final accounts.
* Knowledge and understanding of subcontract orders and buying.
* Knowledge of refurbishment and planned maintenance.
* Good knowledge of IT systems and packages