Stategic Procurement Manager
Competitive salary and package (Perm role)
A main contractor with a strong reputation not only in the industry but in it’s local community is looking for a Procurement Manager to arrange 84 categories of spend on annual frameworks across the company.
This is a company that has been in the industry for several years and is involved in a number of projects across the country. You will be looking after three different sectors which includes property services, new homes, and infrastructure.
- To take overall responsibility and ownership for group purchasing and procurement, to build and
- maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Arranging 84 categories of spend on annual frameworks across the business.
- To ensure and to develop ‘best practice' in purchasing, and at all times to ensure that goods
- purchased meet the requirements of a project, negotiating best price, and suggesting alternatives and challenging where necessary.
- To negotiate costs, terms and conditions which are in the best interests of the group, to ensure that contracts and documentation reflects agreed terms, and that suppliers continually adhere to agreed terms.
- To liaise internally with the checking of delivery notes and invoices; to follow up any discrepancies with suppliers.
- To actively source the market for optimum prices, both with new and existing suppliers.
- To manage the Purchase Order process, ensuring internal stakeholders are informed on prices; alternatives; orders placed; costs; quantities; payment terms.
- To understand all milestones and deadlines of projects, and to match supplier lead times for
- delivery with the progress of group projects.
- To ensure that credit checks on suppliers are informed, and to continually check on the company's financial exposure with suppliers, quickly flagging areas of concern.
- To be able to deal with and manage a wide supplier base.
- To assist in the budgeting and forecasting process, to constantly assist in the development of
- more accurate budgets.
- To continually drive purchasing and terms with suppliers, not assuming that what was sufficient last time is acceptable going forwards.
- To ensure that all filing and documentation is up to date at all times.
- Work/Life balance.
- Forward thinking company.
- Will always reward their staff.
- Always room for progression.
- Competitive salary and package.
For more information contact Kieran Brown on 07711 420 662 and send your CV across to [email protected]