Principal Bridge Engineer
Exciting position available for an experienced bridge engineer to work within the Structures Team as Principal Bridge Engineer.
Leading design, engineering and landscape architecture consultancy that are passionate about designing places for the people that use them. Offer a range of services focused on providing our clients with the very best planning, design and engineering solutions. Their approach to integrated design produces award winning results that have won international recognition.
Led by a forward-thinking management team we work together in multi-disciplinary teams that provide services that are well thought-out and sustainable.
Consultancy is based in Slough, London; we are the preferred supplier for highway design services for many Local Authorities within Greater London and the South East of England. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and be involved with its development in work across the country.
The structures team currently consists of 15 engineering staff; due to growth of work we are looking to increase our team with a Principal Engineer who would be based in Slough. The team is responsible for the assessment, design, inspection, maintenance and management of highway bridges, culverts, retaining walls and other highway structures for our various clients.
Candidates should be Chartered Engineers in an appropriate discipline with experience in Civil Engineering and specifically bridge assessment, design, inspection, bridge management and maintenance.
It is important for you to have an excellent work/life balance and the opportunity to further develop your knowledge and skills in a supportive team.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please read through the full Job Description.
- Responsible to the Associate Structures Engineer for the professional and financial performance projects.
- Overseeing and assisting in the preparation of brief responses, bids, proposals and estimates for new work.
- Seek to achieve organic growth on existing contracts/relationships.
- Ensuring our service meets our customer’s requirements, the standards for quality are met to the agreed budget and timescale.
- Manage resources for the delivery of projects ensuring quality and timescales are met satisfactorily.
- Provide technical advice and support to team members
- Ensuring compliance with company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with company quality system and procedures.
- Liaise with clients
- Respond to client and customer requests and enquiries and ensuring that their needs are met
- Support professional development for team members including mentoring and coaching
The ideal candidate:
- Relevant 1st class Degree
- Professional Qualification – Chartered Engineer and Member of a relevant professional institution (i.e. ICE or IStructE).
- Demonstrable experience and a proven track record of success in operational delivery to Local Authority and private clients.
- Experience of successfully managing and delivering multidiscipline projects including supply chain and partnering.
- Proactive, self-motivated and problem solver.
- Team leader, worker and motivator.
- Excellent Financial Acumen in both project cost control and works estimates.
- Ability to deliver on time whilst handling multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with excellent oral/written/numeracy skills.
- Sound computer literacy (including experience of CAD, 3D modelling and MS Project)
- Structural calculations and analysis using tools such as MIDAS, SuperStress, Archie-M or similar.
- Experience in design and assessment of highway structures in masonry, reinforced concrete, steel and composite materials.
- Experienced in use of codes of practice, Eurocodes, DMRB, SHW and NEC contracts.