Mechanical Associate Director / Director
Mechanical Associate Director / Director – Education/Science Lead
I am currently working with an International Building Services consultancy who are looking for an Education/Science Lead at an Associate Director / Director level who can develop and grow their offering in this sector.
They are involved in both UK and International projects and have delivered several high-profile Education/Science schemes around the world and as a result are looking for an individual to front up the team.
The Education/sciences Lead, will be heavily involved in major projects through the early stages of the project to assisting in setting the strategy, identifying innovation and ensuring best practice. Following involvement in the early stages of projects you will then become part of the internal reviewing process from an MEP perspective, advising the senior management team.
The Education/sciences Lead is expected to play a significant role in the leadership of the sector in relation to Education/sciences. You will represent the sector at meetings (internal and external), and you will be expected to contribute to the corporate business strategy linked to this sector. You will plan long-term business focused solutions in relation to Education/Labs and can identify potential projects and procure work independently.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Should be able to run a project with fees of £2million+ – £5million with little intervention from a director
- Play a significant role in the leadership of the team and in growing the sector
- Contributes to corporate business strategy
- Plans long-term business focused solutions
- Takes responsibility for arranging internal briefing meetings with all disciplines and internal support group engineers, on project start up and regularly throughout the life of project design
- Has the ability to run workshops with the Architects (and other relevant consultants) immediately following appointment and throughout the life of the project when required
- Takes responsibility for producing a design programme in conjunction with the Project Leader(s) and co-ordinating this with the relevant teams to sign off and reporting against progress to the rest of the team(s) at project meetings.
- Holds regular meetings during each week thereafter with the engineers to review progress and key project issues, to ensure these are being actioned accordingly
- Ensures that designs have been checked against the brief, fire strategy, industry guidance and regulations etc.
- Ability to understand the balance of engineering priorities on differing projects;
My client is looking for someone who wants to make a real difference and is up for the challenge of taking the sector to the next level. In return they will provide you with all the tools to make this position a real success and give you the opportunities of becoming a Board Director in the future.
For more info on this position, please contact me on 07711 370552 or drop me a line on [email protected]