Graduate Structural Engineer
Local consultancy in Billericay, Essex is seeking to expand their consultancy with 2 new hires: A Graduate Structural Engineer & a Structural Engineer with 2-3 years’ experience.
Office has parking available and is only 45 minutes from Liverpool St station.
Perfect graduate role for someone who wants to learn a variety of design methods and work on large schemes from £50-£250m in value. The consultancy offers excellent training and development with emphasis on eventual chartership.
Although the role is based in Billericay there may be travel included for client/site meetings to ensure you to have a varied role. As well as a competitive salary which rivals London consultancies where is also an excellent package & annual performance related bonus.
Consultancy provides civil and structural engineering services on residential, commercial, industrial, healthcare and retail building projects to Clients such as Developers, Contractors and others who invest in the built environment. This includes new build as well as maintenance and refurbishment projects.
Please note this is a role for a RAW graduate who had a Meng degree but does not need to have industry experience, but a flare for design and interest in engineering practices.
• Highly computer literate
• Good written English
• Involved with structural engineering design development and the preparation of structural engineering documents.
• Solve basic problems in connection with structural engineering segments of large projects.
• Provide structural design calculations for building regulation submission and answer any queries that may arise.
• Communicate details of design to draughting team and check output prior to formal issue.
• Utilise engineering analysis software to carry out design of structural elements.
• Carry out basic checks by hand on scheme designs as well as check more complex computed design.
• Communicate by phone and email and attend meetings with members of the design team both internally and externally with other professional disciplines.
• Review structural engineering documents for code compliance.
• Review shop drawings and materials for conformance with the structural engineering design concept.
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be self-motivating with the ability to organise and prioritise workload
• Must be capable of working under own direction whilst remaining a team player at all times
• Should be a clear thinker an
If you feel this role is not for you, we offer up to £250 as a referral bonus to any new candidates we can find a new home for!