Graduate Civil Engineer
Local consultancy in Billericay, Essex is seeking to expand their consultancy with 2 new hires: A Graduate Civil Engineer & Civils 3d Technician.
Office has parking available and is only 45 minutes from Liverpool St station.
Perfect graduate role for someone who wants to learn a variety of design methods and work on large schemes from £50-£250m in value. The consultancy offers excellent training and development with emphasis on eventual chartership.
Although the role is based in Billericay there may be travel included for client/site meetings to ensure you to have a varied role. As well as a competitive salary which rivals London consultancies where is also an excellent package & annual performance related bonus.
Consultancy provides civil and structural engineering services on residential, commercial, industrial, healthcare and retail building projects to Clients such as Developers, Contractors and others who invest in the built environment. This includes new build as well as maintenance and refurbishment projects.
Working within a team of Engineers and Technicians the candidate is expected to provide support on a range of projects and is primarily responsible for producing detailed designs and drawings using Civil 3D.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Produce drawing and design information at various stages of a project from the preliminary stages to tender and the construction stage.
• Design of foul and surface water drainage and attenuation systems including a knowledge of sustainable drainage systems.
• Co-ordinate information with the relevant third party (i.e architects, mechanical engineers, surveyors, members of the design team).
• Assist in negotiation of technical approvals.
• To support the existing Civil Engineering team and assist with our continued growth.
• Communicate throughout the stages of a project with Engineers and the team leader when required.
• Attend meetings and site visits on occasions when necessary.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be expected.
Qualifications & Experience:
• A proficient user of Civil 3D.
• BEng/CEng or relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• Highly computer literate, Autocad, WinDes essential
• Broad experience in the use and application of common engineering software and IT.
• Good written English
• Working knowledge of planning procedures, Section 38, 278, 104 and 106 Legal Agreements and CDM Regulations
• Infrastructure engineering design experience including primarily utilities, highways, drainage and ground modelling.
The successful candidate will be self-motivating and proactive, driving our expansion of existing areas and maximise new opportunities within the Civil Engineering team. A capable all-rounder with multidisciplinary experience within a well-established similar consultancy is preferable.
• Demonstrate a grounded knowledge of engineering principles in relation to development infrastructure design work.
• Able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
• Ability to work in a demanding environment under pressure and to tight deadlines, with good communication skills.
• Confident in liaising with people at all levels.