Design Manager – Kent
60k-70k + Car Allowance + Travel + Healthcare + Pension
I am currently looking for a Design Manager with experience working on Framework Projects with Main-Contractors.
The Design Manager will be required to manage the design aspect of the bid process, oversee and support the technical design on live projects. The role will be split 80% preconstruction stage and 20% Construction stage.
The Tier 1 Main-Contractor is a leading regional construction company. It operates within several sectors, Education, Residential, Health and Science, Commercial and Higher Education.
Experience & Skills
- Experience of bid management and the development Production of a Contractor’s Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Manage the design process during the pre-construction and as required, the construction phase
- Experience of different Client procurement routes, 2 stage, PCSA, single stage, hybrid and Framework agreements.
- Experience dealing with Planning Awards and the discharge of planning conditions.
- Ability to develop design programmes and how design coordinates with procurement and construction
- Ability to understand design and risk, managing this through the bid and delivery stages of projects
- Ability to bring innovation and bid winning ideas to bid/projects
- Experience of procuring consultants including the scope of services, responsibilities, appointments and fees
- Experience of line management / managing others – ideally including development / mentoring would be advantageous
- Experience of working on multiple projects with a team of DMs.
- Experience and understanding of new technologies including SMART buildings and use of digital construction.
- Experience and ability to develop relationships with consultants and clients to grow the business.
- Be collaborative and focused
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your details to [email protected]