Design manager – Nottingham
60-70k + Car allowance, Pension, Private Medical Cover, Life Assurance Scheme.
Our client is looking for a Design Manger with excellent technical knowledge of various types of construction and detailing on large scale construction projects. This will be working for a top tier Main Contractor which is a billion-pound organisation and now one of the leading contractors in the industry. You will be joining as Design Manager at a privately owned company that prides itself on solid relationships and reliability which has helped them become one of the leading contractors in the construction industry. The Design Manager will be working on a £55 million 348-unit residential scheme, the first ever private scheme of this nature in this region. Their rapid growth and ambition is depicted by this scheme which means the Design manager will have great opportunities to gain valuable experience as they expand across the UK.
- Have a sound understanding of the design process across all disciplines and manage interfaces and sequencing of design.
- Managing the design process, with a high focus on buildability and efficiency, to ensure the optimum solution is arrived at.
- Prepare and manage a detailed design and procurement programme considering all of the design interdependencies prevalent on large scale construction projects and linked to construction activities.
- Monitor and report on the design programme on a regular basis.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain a detailed Information Release Schedule which is backed by the design, procurement and construction programmes.
- Chair and minute regular design and technical meetings to ensure the design is developed in accordance with budget, programme and technical constraints.
- Challenge the design of external consultants to ensure best value.
- Examine all design information for compliance with commercial constraints, liaise with Commercial team where required.
- Identify and manage design associated risks.
- Identify Value Engineering opportunities and innovative alternative methods of construction.
- Investigate and analyse alternative specifications to ensure compliance and equivalency with Contract Requirements.
- Manage design change control process.
- Manage RFI process.
- Manage flow of design information and give direction to the Project Admin / Document Controller.
Skills & requirements
- Main contractors experience essential
- Experience of working on large multi-unit RC frame residential projects
- Good/Excellent technical knowledge of both residential and commercial construction
- A working knowledge of Building Regulations, Code for sustainable Homes, NHBC (or the Warranty Provider required), Party Wall Awards and associated legislation connected with the construction industry
- To have good interpersonal communication, meeting and management skills essential in dealing with multi-disciplined teams
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your detail to [email protected]