Design Coordinator – Main Contractor
£40,000 – £50,000 base salary + Travel Expenses + 5% Pension + Bonus + 25 days Holiday
A unique opportunity to join a growing Main Contractor, who work on exciting and challenging projects across variety of sectors with great reputation for delivering results.
This main contractor is looking for Design Coordinator to support Design Manager on £6million new build primary school in Kent.
This technology focused contractor utilises modern methods of construction working on commercial, education, healthcare and residential projects from £10million up to £120million in London and home counties region. They have turnover of £120million and grown to become leading Main Contractor with excellent pipeline of work across both private and public sector.
They offer staff excellent training and development to upskill and progress their career. They have great fun and family feel culture.
Overview of role
- Control the design process, from planning application through to project completion ensuring information is up to date and issued as per programme.
- Ensure consultants prepare detailed design in accordance with Employers Requirement to produce robust set of Contractors Proposals.
- Coordinate the design development process ensuring value engineering and buildability are considered and applied.
- Support the production of design packages for procurement.
- Provide support with warranty providers i.e., NHBC, Building Regulation Application.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of the Health and Safety File/Operating and Maintenance Manuals for approval.
- Ensure timely completion and issue of technical assessments, CfSH/BREEAM information, warranties, certificates.
- Ensure internal technical standards and procedures are adhered to i.e. BEP,IMS, etc.
- Ensure effective coordination of information and provide guidance in the design process to guarantee the information is accurate, complete and in line with the agreed brief, specification and cost plan.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Main contractor experience is essential.
- Ability to sometimes lead, chair and influence multi party teams and stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills including, communication and team building
- Understanding of Traditional and Modern Methods of Construction (MMC)
- Technical skills and the ability to use design and project management software
- Problem solving skills and creative thinking
- Attention to detail.
- Organisation and time management
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking, relationship-building skills
- Understanding of client management skills
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please email your details to [email protected]