Clerk of Works – North London & Hertfordshire
Clerk of Works – North London / Hertfordshire
A Multi-disciplinary consultancy are on the look out for a Clerk of Works, preferably a member of ICWIC, or other designations such as CIOB, CABE, RICS, IFE to join their team. We would be keen to help you working towards these.
You will need to demonstrate an ability in undertaking inspections of building works in progress in new build residential sites, liaising with Building Contractors and preparing reports for Employer’s Agents and Project Management.
The work will involve undertaking regular inspections of residential new builds to monitor progress, verifying compliance with contractual drawings, warranty standards and employer’s requirements, identifying discrepancies, preparing written reports with supporting photographs on weekly intervals and organising snagging and end of defect inspections with the Client in attendance.
You will need to demonstrate experience in projects including cladding and a good understanding of passive fire safety.
• Keep yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance
• Verifying compliance with contractual drawings, warranty standards and employer’s requirements
• Good observation to be able to identify discrepancies and raise these appropriately
• Prepare written reports with supporting photographs to a high standard and submit in a timely way
• Organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client
• Maintain a good client relationship throughout
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent up to date technical knowledge
• Be able to organise and prioritise own workloads
• Good communicator both written and oral
• Capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a group
• Able to work under pressure.
• Continue to learn and develop your knowledge ensuring it is relevant and up-to-date
To discuss this role in more detail then please get in touch at [email protected]