Civils 3D Technician
Local consultancy in Billericay, Essex is seeking to expand their consultancy with 2 new hires: A Civils 3d Technician & Graduate Civil Engineer
Office has parking available and is only 45 minutes from Liverpool St station.
Although the role is based in Billericay there may be travel included for client/site meetings to ensure you to have a varied role. As well as a competitive salary which rivals London consultancies where is also an excellent package & annual performance related bonus.
Consultancy provides civil and structural engineering services on residential, commercial, industrial, healthcare and retail building projects to Clients such as Developers, Contractors and others who invest in the built environment. This includes new build as well as maintenance and refurbishment projects.
Position Purpose: Working within a team of Engineers the CAD/Civil 3D Technician is expected to provide support on a range of projects and is primarily responsible for producing detailed designs and drawings using AutoCAD & Civil 3D. The successful candidate will expand the range of services that we can offer within the Civil Engineering division.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Produce drawing and design information at various stages of a project from the preliminary stages to tender and the construction stage.
• Co-ordinate information with the relevant third party (i.e architects, mechanical engineers, surveyors, members of the design team).
• To support the existing Civil Engineering team and assist with our continued growth.
• Communicate throughout the stages of a project with Engineers and the team leader when required.
• Attend meetings and site visits on occasions when necessary.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be expected
Qualifications & Experience:
• A proficient user of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
• Broad experience in the use and application of common engineering software and IT.
• Infrastructure engineering design experience including primarily utilities, highways, drainage and ground modelling.
• HNC/HND or relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent
The successful candidate will be self-motivating and proactive, driving our expansion of existing areas and maximise new opportunities within the Civil Engineering team. A capable all-rounder with multidisciplinary experience within a well-established similar consultancy is preferable.
• Previous experience with preparation of accurate coordinated detailed design drawings and details is essential.
• Demonstrate a grounded knowledge of engineering principles in relation to development infrastructure design work.
• Able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative.
• Ability to work in a demanding environment under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Confident in liaising with people at all levels
• Excellent communication skills