Chartered Structural Engineer
Award winning and well establish civil/structural consultancy is expanding its technical team and require a Chartered or near chartered Structural Engineer.
The Consultancy has nationwide presence in the UK and has the capabilities to work on a variety of different structures projects. The role is in the Hertfordshire office right next to a mainline train station.
They have years of experience and can offer an excellent working environment, where people tend to stay for long and successful careers. Company ethos is to let people grow into diverse and well adapted engineers by working on projects that they enjoy.
Some market sectors include Commercial, Retail, Institutional, Retail, Residential, Leisure, Industrial, Infrastructure, Refurbishment & Conversation.
Your CV should demonstrate a strong technical background of design engineering with industrial/logistic project experience. Support will be offered to those who are wanting to get chartered as well as a varied balance of hands-on design & on-site experience (COVID-19 -19 allowing)
• Technical lead on projects large and small.
• Liaise with and lead other members of the design team to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets the Clients objectives.
• Structural engineering assessment and inspection of new and existing properties in steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
• Undertake analysis and design using a range of software packages including Tekla Structural Designer, TEDDS and Masterseries.
• Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc.) is maintained.
• Prepare high quality technical reports including structural surveys.
• Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
• Chartered status (MICE or MIStructE).
• Varied experience in all the common forms of construction and building types.
• Experience in the use of Eurocodes.
• Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills required.
• Experience of structural analysis design and software essential.
• Min of 15 years’ experience
• Full clean driving license
The role is for an experienced structural engineer looking for a new challenge within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation.
The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.