Vertical Transportation Consultant
Vertical Transportation Consultant – Central London
We are currently working with an award winning multi-disciplinary building services consultants who offer a wide variety of engineering and sustainability services, together with complementary specialisms, from locations across the UK, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and North Africa.
Due to continued growth we have a fantastic opportunity for an experience Vertical Transportation Consultant to join their growing team in Central London.
- Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate software
- Supervise the production of technical drawings and check output
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients’ briefs
- Attend and participate in (internal and external) project meetings
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against our client’s specification, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary
- Co-ordinate input from other disciplines and specialisms as required
- Where appropriate, represent our client as lead engineer at client / project meetings
- Correspond with external third parties (e.g. clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Delegate work to Technicians and/or Graduate Engineers as required, and provide feedback on completed work
- Maintain awareness of the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets, at a level appropriate to role
- Comply with project management, Operational (QA), Environmental and Health and Safety procedures
- Proactively manage own continuing professional development (including, where appropriate, actively pursuing Chartership with an appropriate professional institution).
Knowledge / Experience
- Engineering qualification at bachelor’s degree level or higher in a relevant discipline
- Previous experience in an engineering consultancy
- Demonstrable technical understanding of own discipline
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Demonstrable commitment to own personal and professional development
- Pro-actively working towards achieving recognition as a Chartered professional
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – [email protected]