Technical Coordinator – Uxbridge – Residential Developer
£40,000 – £50,000 + Package
The Technical Coordinator will be joining a leading residential developer to work on a mix of traditional/timber and RC frame schemes and would gain experience working through all stages of the project cycle.
The Technical Coordinator will ideally be from an architectural background and have delivery/coordination experience. The Technical Coordinator will be reporting into a Technical Manager and involved in the Coordination/Job running of the project.
- Assist the Technical Manager in delivering technical design and statutory compliance approvals in accordance with project specific requirements.
- Assist the Technical Manager with the organisation of design activities to ensure the achievement of programme requirements.
- Monitor and control consultants’ performance and fee expenditure against deliverables.
- Actively participate to design team meetings.
- Liaise with client, site team, consultants and sub-contractors to progress and resolve technical design and statutory compliance matters.
- Monitor the achievement of compliance against statutory compliance and environmental obligations related to Planning, S106, S278, Building Regulations, Insurance Provider, CDM, BREEAM, WELL, Sustainability targets, etc.
- Assist the Design Manager in ensuring the design team produces a robust set of ER’s (RIBA Stage 3 Report) in coordination with companies sales and marketing departments and for stake holders sign-off.
- Identify and manage design risks to ensure that they are mitigated in good time.
- Identify value engineering opportunities.
- Assist the Technical Manager in ensuring the design team output is complete and resolves the specific challenges of the job.
- Support the members of the commercial and construction teams working on the achievement of the project goals as a team.
- Assist in coordinating and managing the input from companies various departments ensuring the design progresses in an efficient and coordinated manner.
- Manage specialist subcontract design process ensuring the design team review, comment, co-ordinate, and status Sub contractor’s design information.
- Review specialist subcontractor design to ensure compliance with ER’s and planning drawings.
- Manage the sample approval process.
- Participate in site planning, logistics and set up, when required.
- Manage document upload, filing and workflows on electronic filing systems.
- Manage RFI (request for information), NCR (non-conformance report), technical submittals in a timely and effective manner.
- Fulfil Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company's Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies, Procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by their line manager from time to time, outside the normal sphere of work as may be reasonably requested.
- Architecture or Architecture Technology or equivalent qualification, with demonstrable experience in design, detailing and/or construction practice.
- 2-4 years of industry experience.
- Knowledge of RIBA plan of work and statutory compliance requirements.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Commercially aware and capable of managing consultants’ appointment.
- Knowledge of design sequence and construction for typical residential and commercial developments.
- Knowledge of the design process at pre-construction and construction stages with a main contractor or developer.
- Good understanding of the Traditional and Design & Build procurement types.
- IT skills: MS Office Package, Autocad, Revit, document management platforms