Great opportunity has become available for an experienced Sustainability Manager to join an established construction and engineering company in London.
The Sustainability Manager will be the regional expert, developing, promoting and implementing their sustainability strategy.
You will be able to cover all major sustainability issues with relevant stakeholders, delivering innovation and change.
Key areas of this role include:
• Developing their sustainability strategy to ensure their direct operations and buildings they develop will be net-zero carbon by 2030
• Ensuring project teams meet our clients corporate targets and client aspirations
• Aiming to develop and deliver positive sustainability outcomes beyond compliance
• Supporting work winning through tender bid support, client interface and raising the profile of our client externally
• A focal point for technical support to our client’s project teams
• Seeking to promote innovation, lessons learned and best practice
• Working with colleagues to inform the on-going development of our client’s sustainability strategy and its implementation
• Reporting in a monthly basis the sustainability performance against KPI's
• Assist bid teams to differentiate our offer in work winning
• Supporting project teams in the soft landings process including post occupancy evaluations
• Support the supply chain by upskilling in sustainability best practice
• Provide professional sustainability advice to the region and keep up to date with current legislation
• Representing our client at regional and national forums, presenting to clients and other key stakeholders
Who are we looking for?
• You should hold a relevant degree qualification and be practitioner or higher-level member of IEMA or similar professional body.
• Have a strong technical knowledge and experience in one or more relevant sustainability areas including carbon / energy, waste, responsible sourcing of materials, certification (BREEAM, WELL, NABERS).
• Hold previous experience in the built environment through consultancy, construction or project management.
• You have a passion for and commitment to sustainability issues with a specific focus on construction, delivering excellence and driving continuous improvement.
• Excellent people management, building lasting relationships and a confident communicator.
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Your work environment
Our client constructs, refurbishes, extends and repurpose buildings from their network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
They undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
They use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help them deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.
Our client operates a flexible working policy.
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – [email protected]