We are currently working with an established building services consultants based in London and due to continued growth we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Sustainability Engineer to join their growing team.
- Primary function is to work with project engineers to develop the building services strategy in line with local planning requirements and building regulations.
- Produce planning energy reports, RIBA stage 1&2 project brief, sustainability strategy report and summertime over heating risks reports.
- Convey the energy, sustainability and building services strategy to the client in meeting and via reports.
- Low Carbon Consultant or Charted Engineer or other similar related qualification.
- Knowledge of BREEAM and energy related planning requirements.
- BREEAM Approved Professional (AP) is an advantage.
- Commercial Building Energy Software – Bentley Open Building, SBEM and Energy Plus or experience with IES, TAS, Design Builder.
- Residential Building Energy Software – STROMA SAP 2012 and SAP 10
- Use various different types of software to undertake thermal U value calculations, condensation risk and heat capacity.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Basic use of Autodesk CAD.
Worked in the building engineering environment and has 5 years’ experience with variety large and small projects.
Understands and can explain the advantages and disadvantages of various heating, cooling, ventilation and renewable energy systems.
Knowledge of building service utilities, application and installation requirements.
Working knowledge of all aspects of building services.
Under the energy analysis for various building types, calculating carbon emission.
Write various building specific reports including:
- Planning Energy and Sustainability
- BREEAM related LZC, Indoor air quality, daylighting
- Building Service Technical reports
- Renewable energy and efficiency options appraisal report of lighting software
For more information regarding the above role please contact Stephen Tiigah – [email protected]