Structural Revit Technician Old Street
Seeking an exceptional Structural Revit Technician to join a leading structural engineering practice. You will be working as part of a Design team and responsible for the provision of structural 3d models, drawings & specifications.
You will be working with external partners on state-of-the-art design projects including new build and refurb in London and the South-East.
The firm is an award winning medium sized practice with an emphasis on architecturally challenging buildings design projects. This progressive, firm of structural engineers has extensive experience in buildings structure design engineering, with work spanning across all major buildings types, with a focus on commercial, residential, educational sectors and bespoke structures. medium sized practice with a focus on architecturally challenging buildings design projects. They work on a wide range of projects, ranging from very small up to £50m.
Over the last 10 years this 90+ strong consultancy has won numerous RIBA and IStructE awards.
Current projects with the team include: –
•Refurbishment of a Grade II venue
•New build RC hotel in with 3 storey basements
•New prime residential 4 storey basement in
•New Build mixed use development (£120m)
•Hotel cut 'n' carve with horizontal and vertical extensions (£50m)
•New build private school (£18m)
What is on offer to you?
Technicians & modellers are encouraged to take responsibility for their own projects, attend meetings and liaise with clients and architects. This firm is looking for a top-class candidate who will fit in well with their existing team and help them take their business from strength to strength.
You must at least 3 years of experience of using Revit on live buildings projects. Your experience should be UK based and ideally working for a premier UK based structural engineering firm. Technical excellence is a must, as are strong communication skills. You should be keen to work on a variety of projects and your CV should demonstrate that you have experience of working on a range of buildings structures and a range of size of projects. Priority will be given to candidates who are already London based. Ideally you will have refurbishment project experience.
Heyne Tillett Steel is a London based structural engineering practice with a reputation for intelligent design and innovative, practical solutions. Established in 2007 by directors Andy Heyne, Mark Tillett and Tom Steel, the practice now has over 100 staff members and works with many of the UK’s leading developers and architects.
The practice has extensive experience in structural engineering design, with a particular focus on building structures. Although our work spans all major building-types, the majority lies within the commercial, residential and educational sectors. The firm prides itself on delivering efficient, carefully-considered designs.
We are currently on the lookout for a Structural Revit Technician to join our team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Should have the ability to visualize in 3D and have a keen interest in Computer Aided Design and Building Modeling.
- Should be enthusiastic and self-motivated and have a high attention to detail.
- Will represent the company professionally and responsibly in all endeavours.
- Will be required to undertake refurbishment projects In Autodesk Revit using multiple phases to produce fully phased temporary works, construction sequence and final construction models
- Should be able to build existing 3D models using archive / survey information to a high level of accuracy and incorporate new build information into the model using other parties 3D models or 2D overlay information
- Use these models to produced temporary works schemes, construction sequence drawings general arrangement and detailed design drawings
- Use the model to co-ordinate design with other parties using current HTS protocols and relevant standards documents
- Must have very good knowledge of PAS-1192 and all other relevant UK BIM protocol documentation and practices
- When required liaise with outside parties, attend meetings / sites, communicating via telephone and written correspondence / emails.
- Continue with professional development, to ensure the highest standards of professional skill / working knowledge are maintained.