Skilled Careers are working with a medium sized but well respected M&E Contractor with a strong presence across sectors who are looking for a SHEQ Manager to join their business. Based from their head office in Central London you will work closely with their operations and project management teams to develop and implement the safety procceses across the london business unit.
• Deliver a comprehensive Safety and Health advisory and guidance service for the company across all parts of its operation including survey, design and construction to ensure all aspects of best practice safe working are established and maintained.
• Lead on the ongoing implementation of the Electrical and Mechanical safe systems of work with the support of Group.
• Co-ordinate monthly safety leadership visits to its projects.
• Support the companies pre-qualification process across Health, Safety, Environment and Quality components of bids.
• Work closely with Principal Designers in the planning phases of a project and help develop the Construction Phase Plan.
• Support the operations teams in reviewing high risk and critical Risk Assessments.
• Develop and implement a HSEQ audits and inspections schedule with the Operations team and company directors.
• Take a broad / long term perspective and proactively identify complex challenges and think systemically. Identify and offer solutions and drive implementation
• Work closely with the business leadership and HSEQ team to define appropriate safety initiatives and plans.
• Work on a range of HSEQ improvement projects and initiatives
• Support the development of sub-contractor and suppliers’ approach to HSEQ performance and compliance including onboarding assessments and ongoing performance monitoring.
• Support the business in maintaining and improving its ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditations and related management systems.
• Extensive working and operational knowledge of HSEQ processes, practices and systems and the ability to drive their improvement.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations and Principal Contractor responsibilities.
• The ability to build professional working relationships with internal and external staff, up to and including parent company Board Level.
• Must have experience of working for a Principal Contractor.
• Must have strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills and be able to build relationships, up to and including Board Level.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to challenge and champion change.
• High levels of IT literacy
• Keen to continue learning and developing their skillset, having a growth mindset
Sign off to pay a good salary and the opportunity to join a growing business with a strong order book and clear plans, there will be an opportunity to develop a division with a clear and achievable path to SHEQ director on offer.
For more information contact Mark Kenny on 02070657275 or email [email protected]