Senior Public Health Engineer
We are currently working alongside an established building services design consultancy based in the heart of London.
Due to a rapid increase in their workload, we currently have excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Public Health Engineer to join their growing team.
You will play an active role in all stages of their projects from feasibility through to completion on diverse assignments, across a number of sectors and countries. Projects are wide ranging and currently include commercial offices, technical buildings and energy centres. They cover both new build and refurbishment design. Their design partners expect us to communicate design options and constraints in a way that makes them accessible to non-technical people. This will be a key aspect of the following role, in addition to possession of solid technical skills. Projects will include the inception, calculation, modelling and design of public health engineering systems from concept to tender phase, construction and hand over.
What will I be doing?
- Reporting to the discipline leader and ultimately to the Team Leader
- Developing innovative solutions to technical problems
- Developing briefs and design concepts and delivering through to completion on site
- Managing the production of drawings and reports and preparing co-ordinating public health specifications
- Undertaking a sustainable approach to system design including hot and cold water services, above and below ground drainage, rainwater collection and disposal systems, water conservation and recycling, pollution control and waste management and treatment
- Design of fire suppression systems and gas systems
- Supervising and co-ordinating the work of others and co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary building design team
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs
- Managing project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget
- On smaller projects you may act as sole engineer in design team and contractor meetings.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Degree qualified
- Have achieved a professional engineering qualification, preferably Chartered Engineer status via an appropriate professional institution. Membership of SoPHE is desirable
- Proven experience of project work including above and below ground public health and water services design, and fire protection systems.
- Extensive experience across a range of medium to large scale projects and / or building types
- Have a keen and developing interest in sustainable design.
- Be able to design and deliver public health engineering solutions on major and/or complex projects
- Some experience of leading teams (single discipline or multi-disc team) on multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience of working directly with clients and end users.
- Able to understand the balance of engineering priorities on differing projects
- Able to quickly develop successful client relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is essential
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
For more information please contact Stephen Tiigah – [email protected]