Senior Highways Engineer
Senior Highways Engineer
A Senior Highways Engineer is sought after by a multi-disciplinary design consultancy who are at the forefront of sustainable designs and measures and innovative thinking.
This forward-thinking practice operates in a range of sectors working with both private sector clients and local authorities and you will be joining their Highways team based in their London office.
As a Senior Highways Engineer your role will include managing engineering design, technical analysis, research, calculations, and reporting as required to support clients. You will manage projects with autonomy and be the primary point of contact with clients on small-medium sized projects. You will be responsible for delegating to and managing the work of others. You will support less experienced engineers and technicians in our team to ensure they have the appropriate training, experience, and opportunities to develop.
About the role
- The design and documentation of civil infrastructure components of the projects, including Highway design (S38/S278) both preliminary and detailed.
- Conduct any liaison or consultation with statutory authorities or undertakers as necessary to implement the construction of the project.
- To provide Engineering support within the Engineering Team in the management and delivery of the service to our clients
- Production and checking of drawings (AutoCAD)
- Communicating with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers within PCL
- Support other employees with technical advice on Highway Engineer projects
- Give technical advice to our clients and potential clients
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to budget
- To produce Highway and other Engineering designs
- To lead on projects ensuring the Engineering team deliver the agreed commissions and that Client expectations are met or exceeded
- To lead the engineering input at all stages of a project from conceptual design, through the project cycle to site monitoring
- Support junior staff with their training and development
- Check output produced by other staff in terms of reports/drawings etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- MEng, BEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- 4-6yrs highways design experience in a consultancy, developer, local authority producing junction, roundabout designs, vertical alignments etc
- In depth understanding of Highway/ Engineering Design and design standards
- Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration
- Good project management skills and financial management
- Evidence showing continuous professional development.
- Good use of Civils and AutoCAD
- £40,000 to £45,000
- 25 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays!
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- Flexible working (core hours are 10am till 4pm Monday to Friday, and the ability to work remotely when needed)
For more information or to apply please send a CV to [email protected]