Senior Electrical Engineer
Are you interested in a firm that is a firm that is 100-percent employee owned with full transparency of financial results and a solid record of performance year-to-year?
Are you interested in a project delivery company that creates many opportunities for you to advance, succeed and fulfil your career visions?
Do you enjoy working with engineering teams to create detailed designs, plans, specifications and estimates for Data Centre/Mission Critical facilities?
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer who enjoys working with multidisciplinary teams throughout the entire span of a project, from the initial concept development, through drawings/specifications, to report preparation and equipment sizing and selection, and finally meaningful engagement during the construction contract.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will be required to produce detail design and installation design of complete electrical system solutions for Data Centres in conjunction with their Sales, Technical and Project Management teams.
With a keen eye for detail you will be conversant with all aspects of electrical engineering in critical environments and be responsible for developing, validating & sign off from concept through to detailed design and overseeing final equipment testing & commissioning.
Whilst you will be a competent & experienced designer, we are looking for a self-starter that can manage and develop resource to meet project demands whilst maintaining the highest level of technical excellence and regulatory compliance and work as part of the wider multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Carry out engineering concept design through to detailed design.
- Ensure all design projects and reports within the group are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Motivate yourself and manage staff within group to build coherent high performing teams. Set objectives, monitor performance, coach and develop staff to optimise their potential.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- Ensure Quality Management System ISO 9001 and 14001 are adhered to.
- Chartered or near chartered electrical engineer.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Expert Electrical Engineer preferably chartered.
- Data Centre experience
- Experience, especially in designing and managing projects, ideally 7+ years’ industry experience.
- Managing Electrical Design throughout all design stages
- Design Coordination with other stakeholders & disciplines
- Wide experience of critical systems power engineering and multiples levels of resilience including earthing, HV and LV protection systems.
- UPS and standby system experience
For more information, please contact Stephen Tiigah – [email protected]