Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer – Bristol
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Civil Engineer to join an established multi-disciplinary design consultancy based in the heart of Bristol. The consultancy provides professional, integrated efficient design and consultancy solutions for the built environment, from inception to completion. They operate in a range of sectors which include Residential, Transport, Rail Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Public Buildings, Office, Retail & Leisure, which will give you the opportunity to work on various development infrastructure projects.
Due to the consultancy going from strength to strength they have recently opened a brand-new office in Bristol and would like to add a Senior Civil Engineer to their infrastructure team. As a Senior Civil Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be involved in leading and managing the civil engineering aspects of appraisal, planning and detail design of projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments.
You will be encouraged and given opportunities to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications. Your development will set out in a career development plan agreed with your director and actioned though our structured appraisal process.
• Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
• Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team).
• Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drain-age to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
• Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
• Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
• Represent JNP Group at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public in-quiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
• Manage the team and control the programmed performance of projects.
• Support the training and professional development of team members.
• Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
• Working experience of FRAs, Suds and Pre-Planning Advice.
• Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements.
• Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES, Tuflow (optional), HECRAS (optional).
• Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
• Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
• Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
• BEng, MEng, MSc in civil engineering or an equivalent subject. However, applicants with HND/C and significant relevant experience also welcomed.
• 4yrs minimum UK experience working in a design consultancy or developer.
• Enthusiastic and personable attitude.
• Strong communication skills with clients and team members.
• Good planning and time management skills.
• Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed time scales.
• £40k -£45k (depending on experience)
• Life Insurance
• Permanent health insurance
• Private medical insurance
• Staff discounts
• 24 Days annual leave (option to buy 3 additional days)
To apply or for more information please send a CV or contact Kenny at [email protected]