Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer
We are seeking a senior civil engineer who wants the opportunity to apply their creative skills on a challenging and high-profile project in our stimulating, interdisciplinary design studio in London. You will have a unique opportunity to work on infrastructure designs and in particular below ground drainage associated with a prominent historic building. Sustainable drainage, flood resilience and climate change are integral part of the project. This is a unique opportunity to develop your career at one of the largest interdisciplinary building design practices in the UK.
You are engineer with a strong academic record and at least 2 years post- chartership experience gained working on challenging large-scale projects (£10m or more). You are able demonstrate excellent technical aptitude supplemented by outstanding IT skills. You will enjoy expressing creative ideas through sketching and will be able to communicate effectively to build firm working relationships with architects, engineers, clients and contractors.
You will demonstrate the ability to take the lead on technical issues and have a collaborative team-working style. You will be able to work effectively with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
*Due to the confidential nature of the project, security clearance will be required. All candidates must be able to provide personal/employee references to prove they have been residents in the UK for at least 3 out of 5 years.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Managing the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects from the concept stage through to the construction stage;
- Preparing and reviewing technical reports and specifications;
- Ability to plan project resources and monitor job financial performances;
- Applying rigorous QA procedures throughout the design in accordance with the company policies;
- Complying with Health and Safety and CDM Regulations;
- Mentoring and development of graduate and junior team members;
- Development of strong client relationships;
- Developing good relationships with professions across BDP and external design consultants.
You have proven experience in a similar leading design consultancy where you will have successfully led small teams to deliver multiple projects. You have a minimum of 2 years relevant post qualification experience (MICE) with demonstrable knowledge of varied infrastructure design skills (drainage and public realm). Excellent technical aptitude is essential, experience of working within a BIM environment and on site is desirable. You have diverse and in depth knowledge of sustainable drainage design which supplemented with use of various civil engineering software.
You have broad and in depth experience in the following:
- Drainage schemes associated with buildings and public realm projects;
- Pavement design associated with public realm projects;
- Undertaking designs for section 278 and 104 agreements;
- Flood management and reducing flood risk;
- Flow path analysis;
- Ground modelling;
- You will have a good knowledge of civil engineering construction principles and standards.
- You will have strong practical knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroDrainage and used Civil 3D for ground modelling, road and drainage design.
- Familiarity with Revit and Navisworks is desirable.
- You are confident in your knowledge of relevant design standards and legislation.
- Ability to work independently and seek assistance when required;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure project targets are met;
- Highly motivated and passionate about delivering projects to time, budget and quality;
- Organised and methodical with particular attention to detail;
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure;
- Have a pragmatic and innovative approach to problem solving;
- Be commercially aware;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels with clients and employees alike and across all professional disciplines;
- Able to manage Client expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
In return there is an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, employee profit shares, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, interviews will be conducted via video conferencing (via Teams) and depending on start date and government guidelines the role would begin working from home.