Regional Maintenance Manager
Regional Maintenance Manager – London / Kent
Fixed Term Contract
8:00 – 17:00
£60,000 – £65,000
To have responsibility for the operational, contractual and strategic management and financial control of the Estates Maintenance Services for a portfolio of contracts within a region.
You will have operational, man management and financial responsibilities.
- Provide direction for direct reports to understand their role and objectives
- Ensuring appropriate appointment of roles and responsibilities including those in line with the duty holder matrix.
- Mentor, support and develop of direct reports and a collaborative team culture
- Create, maintain and drive employee engagement and a culture of continuous improvement
- Effectively manage performance, conduct and behaviour in a timely manner. Support the wider business with its management processes and following Rydon’s policies and procedures.
- Manage the Region’s Gross Profit targets.
- Ensure all financial deduction are escalated within the business and checked for accuracy
- Monitor, review and control regional monthly costs and provide accurate and timely reports.
- Produce the regions financial performance report and issue to the Commercial Manager in a timely manner.
- Attend all relevant Contract/Regional financial meetings.
- Identify both risks and opportunities against budget, and discuss any commercial matters which may affect the company (either adversely or positively).
- Working with buying and commercial teams to get value for money from suppliers and contractors
- Identify new business opportunities and improvements
- Development and communication of a regional strategy and business plan
- Ensure our Company and Clients Policies and Procedures are adhered to and ensure compliance with all statutory obligations in relation to all operations
- Ensure the management controls and systems/processes are in place e.g. auditing, action plans to monitor and deliver timely closure of audit findings.
- Ensure Rydon’s quality assurance standards are met and that all legal requirements are adhered to in line with Rydon’s Business Governance, SHE and HR Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the region.
- Resolution of high value and high risk contractual disputes
- Interrogate business reports and undertake quality assurance activity to ensure the protection of the professional and financial interests of the Company
- Ensure all services are delivered in line with budgetary constraints and contractual requirements
- Ensure the timely submission of client performance reports and provide input to board level reporting.
- Maximise financial return whilst effectively managing risk to create a sustainable regional business
- Create and maintain strong client relationships, attending appropriate client meetings as required
- Oversight of lifecycle risk registers and ensuring risk management plans are up to date and communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Create and maintain business continuity plan for their region.
- Maintain regional resource structures in or to ensure contractual obligations and budgetary constraints are met.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Appropriate senior management experience within a facilities management environment
- An awareness of M & E building services maintenance and of Health & Safety procedures.
- Experience in delivering continuous improvement programmes along with industry best practice.
- Able to communicate confidently with impact and have the ability to 'take others with you'.
- A good understanding of the legal and contractual framework in which they operate including PFI, PPP and LIFT.
- The understanding of business results and the factors that improve them
- A good organiser who operates within strict deadlines and utilises commercial information to manage resources effectively and deliver results
- Able to demonstrate a forward facing client management
- Competent IT skills, especially in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience reading, understanding and interpreting contractual documentation.
- Use IT systems and be capable of interpreting performance reports
- UK Driving Licence
- Car Allowance
If this position is of any interest to you, please feel free to apply or alternatively send your CV to [email protected]