Following growth of the workload, our client is very pleased to be hiring for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor in the Surrey area. This role sits withing the national contracting business for a major civil engineering contractor who work on highways frameworks and with bespoke clients. The role will be working in a team of three alongside an Intermediate and another Senior QS, running all South Eastern operations across various sites. The client is incredibly busy and successful, this is a fantastic role for a QS to join a high performing team and work with them to excel even further. There is an excellent package (see below) and benefits available.
About the Role
The ideal candidate will have top communication skills, works well in a team and on their own steam. This person will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and have the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and commercial demands of the role by possessing attention to detail and excellent numeracy and IT skills.
Other areas include:
- Ensuring compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives
- Preparing forecasts, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
- Feasibility studies of clients requests
- Analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Preparation and agreeing variation accounts
- Preparation and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Providing evidence for resolution of disputes
- Ensuring all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
What will you bring?
- Be able to demonstrate experience working as a Quantity Surveyor.
- Some experience working with the NEC form of contract.
- Show the with ability to plan and organise and operate to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships, with a strong Customer focus.
- Strong IT Skills.
The ideal Quantity Surveyor candidate will have:
- A degree in a construction related field
- A strong civil engineering background
- Good commercial experience
- A good team working attitude
The role will include:
- Working on multidisciplinary projects with a civil engineering contractor who is committed to high quality work
- Working within and adding to a strong commercial team
- Working with various subcontractors
- Working on various forms of contract across private work, frameworks and other contracts.
The benefits package for a QS includes up to 10% bonus, car or allowance, 25 days holiday, flexible working, Bupa cover and more.
Please apply online or contact Damian Aston on 07485 393 461 to apply for this exciting role for the right person!