QUANTITY SURVEYOR WITH MAIN CONTRACTOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR A PERMANENT ROLE IN BIRMINGHAM
This is the perfect opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to showcase their skills and knowledge on a unique project with a fantastic Main Contractor in Birmingham.
Working with an established Main Contractor in the Birmingham area, you will be required as a Quantity Surveyor to have experience working with a Main Contractor on major projects. Preferably with high rise experience (but not essential), you will use your knowledge as a Quantity Surveyor to work within a team to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget.
Start date: The position is immediately available
Location: Birmingham area
Rate: £45,000 per annum – £50,000 per annum
- Working with the Senior Quantity Surveyor and in-house Design Team to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Managing projects from inception through to completion on one or more sites depending on size and complexity
- Assist in the preparation of initial budgets and cost plans
- Prepare tender packages, analyse and compare on quotations received, make recommendations for appointment
- Complete sub-contract documentation in accordance with company procedures
- Manage work packages from appointment through to final account including certifying payments and issuing the appropriate notices as required by the sub-contract
- Monitoring works packages against budget, assessing variation claims and preparing reports for Client
- Submitting timely requests for payment, agreement of these with Client’s representative where appropriate and ensuring payments are received in accordance with agreed timescales
- Monitoring project progress (in conjunction with Contracts Manager) and issuing appropriate notices to Client
- Internal cost reporting
- Primarily being site based, you must be flexible with travel
- Experience working for a Main Contractor on a high value project
- High rise experience preferable but not essential
- Degree qualified
if you are interested in this position, please apply with your updated CV.