Public Health Engineer
Public Health Engineer – Central London – £35,000 – £45,000 per annum
We are currently working with an award winning International Building Services Consultants and we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Public Health Engineer to join their growing team in Central London.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications, and drawings scope for all projects with your Group Leader.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties with your Group Leader, for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Assist Group Leader with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project within your control.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets
- Able to carry the design and have a general understanding of the following Soil waste and rainwater systems, grey water system, reclaimed rainwater, domestic hot and cold water systems, dry fire riser system
- Assist Group Leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience, especially in designing and managing projects, ideally 2/3 years’ industry experience.
- Experience of monitoring contract staff or third-party appointments would be desirable.
- Able to undertake computer modelling organise and direct the production of CAD drawings and correspond effectively with opposite numbers with other consultants.
- Skills in project managing on-going jobs with limited supervision are desirable.
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
For more information please contact Stephen Tiigah – [email protected]