Position: Production Technician
Report to: Operations supervisor
Summary of Post: Responsible for all aspects of production, dispatch & delivery for the business.
- Build and deliver plant displays following the production lists within the time restraints.
- To keep the Poly tunnel tidy and neat at all times and recycle all waste accordingly.
- Disposal or care of all returned plants and containers.
- Good husbandry practices within the Production Hall. Keeping all areas clean and tidy. Plants well cared for – watered/pruned if returned specimens for future use.
- Responsibility for tree cleaning as required
- Inform Operations Supervisor when stocks of sundries i.e. compost, lecca, watering systems etc, are running low.
- Ensure heating oil is checked and advise Supervisor when running low.
- Responsibility for all Health and Safety requirements for production area and advising of any potential risks.
- Assist with plant replacements on site as required.
- Assist with maintenance on site as required.
- Care and basic maintenance of delivery vehicle.
- Requirement to work overtime to include occasional weekend, early mornings and evenings. May necessitate overnight stays.
- Any other duties as required.
- Methodical, neat and tidy, eye for detail.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Physically fit.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to recognise plants/or learn quickly.
- Current full driving licence.
- Ability to work overtime as required.