Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer – Central London
Fantastic opportunity has become available for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to work for an award-winning design consultancy in Central London.
Our client is a global multi-disciplinary consultancy, offering a wide variety of engineering and sustainability services, together with complementary specialisms, from locations across the UK, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and North Africa.
Their workload has rapidly been increasing and we are currently looking for an experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer to join their growing team in Central London.
The Central London office have a team of dedicated and motivated building services engineers which specialise the design of sustainable MEP systems, for a range of sectors, including healthcare, education, defence and commercial. The team are centre of excellence for the design of commercial facilities and would like a motivated team member to integrate within their existing team structure.
- Report to the Associate Director and be responsible for the management and delivery of medium to large sized projects and responsible for project finances
- Manage a small team of engineers and provide specialised technical input to studies and design to assist in the development of junior and graduate engineers.
- Participate, manage and engage in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Prepare of fee estimates, design programme and liaison with clients to agree project deliverables.
- Participate in quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Prepare technical specification sections.
- Provide input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
- Have a good understanding of software packages used to design mechanical building services systems.
- Manage project resources to meet the agreed deliverables on programme and within budget.
- Successful track record of mechanical building services design
- A highly motivated individual with a passion for succeeding and developing
- Have previous experience working as either a Senior / Principal Engineer
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with strong negotiation skills.
- Membership of a relevant professional body, such as CIBSE.
- Good understanding of software packages used to the design mechanical building services systems.
- Experience in delivering projects using BIM software packages
- Experience of low carbon systems, design and how to influence the built environment to reduce carbon emissions
- Understand IES or other calculation packages
- The successful candidate will preferably have had experience in the design and delivery of commercial facilities and be familiar with HTM/HBN
- Degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
- Should either be chartered or working towards accreditation.
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – [email protected]