Principal Electrical Design Engineer
Principal Electrical Design Engineer – Hertfordshire – Permanent – Home Working – £Neg
Great opportunity has become available for an experience Principal Electrical Engineer to join an established engineering consultancy in Hertfordshire.
Our client is an established multidisciplinary consultancy who have an award-winning team if architects, interior designers, structural and building/environmental engineers.
They work across the commercial, education, science/laboratories, justice, residential and heritage sectors.
Due to continued increase in their workload, we are currently looking for an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
The ideal Principal Electrical Design Engineer will work alongside their electrical design team and work closely with their associates in developing their business, with a view to progressing to a more senior role within the business.
The role will be based at their head office in Hertfordshire but will be flexible to include home and multiple location working in line with their flexible working policy.
You will report directly to the MEP Associates and will be expected to work alongside all other design disciplines to ensure a coordinated approach to building design as well as the wider business units.
The following details the key roles and responsibilities expected of the Principal Electrical Design Engineer.
- Support the MEP Associates in all aspects of the MEP development and resource planning
- Lead projects, representing all MEP disciplines across a range of projects
- Manage and forecast spend, ensuring that work is kept to budget
- Manage a variety of projects within a short period of time
- Manage the resource of the mechanical design team.
- Accountable for the P+ L with the department
- To act as a focal point alongside other principal engineers for all issues related to Electrical Services Engineering.
- To be actively involved in the business and technical development of the MEP team.
- Advocate knowledge sharing to all members of the project teams
- Assess and respond to training requirements of project teams.
- Assess and respond to hardware and software requirements of project teams.
- Engage with project delivery teams and encouraging collaboration from early design stage to final handover.
- Engage with staff and provide guidance in their personal and professional development, including undertaking personal development reviews where required.
- Development and management of protocols relating to delivering MEP Design deliverables to meet their clients Information requirements, including BIM Level 2 and ISO19650
- Undertake quality management reviews of all projects and ensuring compliance against project requirements
- Ensure all projects are designed and managed in line with our duties under the CDM regulations
- General Experience of working on a number of large multidiscipline projects across all market sectors with a particular focus on Education and Commercial
- Excellent working knowledge of Building Regulations and IEE/CIBSE/BSRIA Design standards
- Working Knowledge of D of Ed and BCO Design standards
- Working Knowledge of the 18th Edition Regulations BS7671
- Excellent working Knowledge of main British Standards which are applied daily to designing and specifying, Electrical services systems including High & low voltage electrical systems, life safety systems, lighting, FA, Security and Data Networks.
- Smart buildings and low and zero carbon technologies
- Working Knowledge in the use of Amtech, Dialux and Relux lighting software
- Use and develop Building Information Modelling (BIM) to ensure systems are coordinated in a complex construction or refurbishment project
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensure that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirement
- Excellent knowledge of RIBA/BRSIA work stages and the deliverables associated to the building services industry
Education and Qualifications
- Chartered Engineer and MCIBSE or MIET is essential
- Engaged in Institutes professional development is desirable
- Degree qualified is desirable
Demonstrable experience holding at least a Principal Engineers role
To succeed in this role the following key skills are required:
- Be a team player, proactive and self-motivated.
- Good time management skills in order to commit to work deadlines.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to explore, learn and use new technology and software.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and illustratively.
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – [email protected]