Up to £85k + Package
A main contractor who has grown from a small, family contractor to become one of London and the South-East's leading construction companies, are currently looking for a planner to join the business due to growth.
This is an excellent opportunity for a planner to join a Tier 2, who are quickly establishing themselves as a Tier 1 contractor. They offer excellent training and development programmes to develop their staff.
The planner will provide assistance and preparation of pre-tender and tender programmes, ensuring that all programmes are compliant with the project requirements will be a key objective.
The planner will be based in the head office but visiting sites each week, carrying out assessments to update and monitor the progress on the programme. The successful candidate will be supporting site teams, reporting to PM’s on each site.
- Interpreting and understanding the contract documents
- Provide Pre construction assistance and sense checks on robustness of tender programmes
- Be involved with pulling together the company programming procedures
- Provide advice/assistance during preparing EOT claims etc
- Provide informative (but not over complicated) reports from sites to Op’s directors and for the Monthly board meetings
- Preparation of pre-tender and tender programmes and method statements
- Preparation of site logistics solutions
- Tender adjudication and review
- Post tender review
- Preparation of contract programmes and method statements
- Preparation of plant and labour resource programmes
- Preparation of procurement schedules
- Preparation of information schedules
- Preparation of short term programmes
- Visit sites, review progress and prepare reports
- Review and update programmes
- Maintain, record and preserve all relevant reports and documentation
- Ensure compliance with safe working practices
- Represent the Planning Department at meetings and interviews as and when required and uphold the corporate image
- Competent user of Asta Power Project
- Main contractor experience essential within the UK
- Good experience working on a variety of projects from new build, refurb and fit out
- Good experience working on tenders and live sites
If this is something you would like to hear more about please call me on 07485308791 or email me [email protected]