Mobile Fire Alarm / Access Controls Engineer
Van Mobile Fire Alarm / Access Controls Engineer
£38,000 – £42,000 + Overtime
- Full time role
- Salary – £38-42K + Overtime
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company benefits package
- Company van and fuel card
- On call rota of 1 in 4
I am currently looking after an excellent opportunity working as a Van Mobile Fire Alarm / Access Controls Engineer. The successfull engineer will be working with a large Facilities Management provider in Central London, they are looking for a Fire Systems Engineer who has dealt with the maintenance, servicing and installing of fire systems, Access controls, CCTV, intruder alarms etc. within commercial and domestic properties.
This Fire Systems Engineer will be covering central London and within the M25 area, with a large emphasis on the West and Central London area.
The ideal candidate will be well presented and used to being in a client facing environment. They will also be able to understand computer systems and produce reports etc.
- By carrying out servicing, small installations and reactive calls on various fire alarms, door entry and warden call systems you will help the business in providing a vital service to their customers.
- Servicing of Fire Alarm Systems and provision of new equipment where required.
- Servicing of Fire Extinguishers and provision of new extinguishers where required.
- Survey, supply and fit as required, fire safety related signage and other fire safety related equipment.
- 24 hour call out service and will be placed on a rota.
- Maintain, manage and produce accurate reports, quotes, invoices and all other industry related paperwork.
- Maintaining and managing vehicle stock levels.
- Fire alarm programming
- CCTV/intruder alarm installation
- Attend to emergency reactive call outs in line with the customer's contract.
- Ability to survey new and remedial works in accordance with the British Standard.
- Installation of small works and projects as required.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as reasonably requested by your Manager / Supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Electrical or electronics qualification, City and Guilds or BTE FIA Qualifications.
- FIA Units 1 -Design & Unit 5 -Servicing.
- FETA/BAFE Certification.
- CIFI Certification
- Comprehensive knowledge and an understanding of BS5839, BS5306 and BS5266.
- Knowledge of various conventional & addressable fire alarm systems including Morley, Advance, Kentec, Gent, Haes & Menvier.
- Ability to work openly and collaboratively at all levels to maximise overall organisational health
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to succeed
- Customer focused.
- Strong communicator both verbal and written.
If you are interested in the role above please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. I am looking to arrange interviews in the next week.