Due to the growth plans and expansion in the business, one of my clients are currently seeking to appoint a proactive and highly motivated Materials Controller to join their site team.
Materials Controller Responsibilities:
- To ensure all CO are recorded and likely delivery dates noted.
- To chase material delivery to ensure timely delivery.
- To check all deliveries against the Delivery Ticket.
- To advise of shortages and breakage/damage at delivery.
- To ensure all delivery tickets are signed by approved signatories and returned back to the Finance Team in the Regional Office with any discrepancies reported.
- To ensure secure storage of high value storage.
- To ensure appropriate storage of all other materials, i.e. Trusses in to racks, Garage Doors in to stillage’s and Ironmongery in to locked containers.
- To ensure appropriate security of Supply & Fix materials, i.e. Kitchens, Sanitary Ware and Kitchen Appliances.
- To issue materials to trades in in unit packages, i.e. the right number of correct sized internal doors per plot.
- To advise of theft or breakages on site and ensure replacement components are re-ordered in a timely manner with narrative supporting why re-order has become necessary.
- To advise as to any Material Schedules that either under or over provide.
- To ensure adequate protective materials are ordered and supplied to trades to ensure maximum protection
The successful Materials Controller applicant will report to a Senior Site Manager and will hopefully have already gained some experience of materials control, logistics and production requirements on a construction site.
Health & Safety and Quality standards are paramount and candidates will need to be able to support the team in achieving these on site.
We are looking for an assertive and confident individual who is proactive, flexible and able to take ownership for their work, combined with the ability to develop strong management and communication skills.
The Materials Controller role requires development of positive relationships with both internal and external customers with strong focus on service delivery.