Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
We are currently working with an established engineering consultancy who are Mechanical, Electrical, Refrigeration, Sprinkler Systems specialist designers, along with all specialist service elements that are required.
They have also extended their experience over recent years to include specialising in automated warehousing, projects for the e-commerce market covering general merchandise, clothing and food distribution markets.
Due to a rapid increase in their workload we are currently looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team based in Milton Keynes.
The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level and need to demonstrate a good understanding of the mechanical design process associated with Building Engineering Services.
In addition, you will continue working towards gaining Chartered Engineer status.
• Previous experience of Building Services project design in mechanical engineering.
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or similar (Revit) and competent in specification writing, design/drawing for all building types.
• A Building Services/Mechanical Engineering related degree.
• Knowledge of key health and safety issues and legislation and of the relevant and current British and industry Standards.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – word, excel, etc.
• Knowledge and a competent ability in the use of Amtech and Lighting Design Software.
• Be conversant with up-to-date IT, technical methodology and information sources.
• Able to work to tight deadlines.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the process and need for co-ordination with other design disciplines.
• Have an understanding and preferably experience of sustainable design and low energy buildings.
• Good understanding of QA systems.
• Good understanding of the commercial factors which affect design solutions.
For more information about the Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – [email protected]