Health & Safety Advisor
A leading M&E contractor with a strong international presence across sectors require a Health & Safety Advisor to work on a notable mixed use project in Oxford. They are looking for someone with the relavant qualifications who can implement the safety measures across the project.
– Adherence to relevant Environmental, Health & Safety statutory provisions & legislation
– Adherence to company & PSCS Environmental, Health & Safety Plans.
– Coordination in the development of task specific Method statements, risk assessments, safe plan of action, permit to work.
– Compliance with the project safety statement.
– Coordination of project safety indicators.
– Good Safety Practices are managed & maintained.
– Ongoing C.O.S.H.H assessments, control of hazardous substances.
– Safety interventions are completed & registered.
– Carry out regular site audits and inspection, document results and follow up on any corrective actions.
– Records of statutory inspections are available for project activities, tool and plant.
– Adopt a Proactive approach to project EHS requirements.
– Ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
– Provide Safety input to site management & at site EHS forums.
– Ensure project sub-contractor adhere to project EHS policies & procedures.
– Site induction & training is coordinated, managed & maintained.
– Project PPE is resourced & available.
– Compile & carry out Toolbox talks, as necessary
– Assist or carry out accident investigation reports in a timely manner & ensure communication to company project management.
– Welfare & Hygiene facilities are in place, managed & maintained.
– Liaison with site Project Management on environmental, health & safety issues.
– Up to date documentation is included with the Safety File.
– Waste reduction and recycling programmes are maintained in line with project policies & procedure
– Selection Criteria / Person Specification
– Relevant third level Certificate qualification in Environmental, Health & Safety
– 2+ years experience of managing environmental, health and safety on large construction sites.
– Flexibility in working patterns where necessary.
– Ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site.
– Strong communication & computer skills,
– Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
– NEBOSH certificate level qualification
Immediate start with a good day rate, initial 6 month contract.
For more information contact Mark Kenny on 02070657275 or email [email protected]