Electrical Contracts Manager
Electrical Contract Manager
My client are a rapidly growing Electrical contractor based in Hertfordshire, which operate in and around London and surrounding regions. Due to increased project pipeline, they are looking for an Electrical Contract Manager to manage the commercial department.
The individual suited to this role will be highly motivated, dynamic and always strive to be an asset to the company. This is an office-based position although site visits will be required. This role is supported by a Project Administrator.
You will work directly with the operations department, field team engineers, other managers, and clients to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting departmental goals and objectives.
The Electrical Contracts Manager will be responsible for successfully performing the following tasks, roles and responsibilities:
- Manage projects from concept through to completion.
- Manage the contracts within the agreed budgets, objectives, and targets
- Deliver on all contract key performance indicators
- Develop and maintain good levels of communication with customers/clients
- Submit technical submissions for approval
- Analysing and obtaining quotes from approved sub-contractors for better buying
- Preparing all works orders and contracts for the engagement and appointment of sub-contractors
- High quality service delivery on time and within budget
- Manage our own direct management/supervision team as well as those of our supply chain.
- Contract management and contractual communication with the client.
- Producing interim payment applications, variations and final accounts.
- Control of direct Management labour and ensure projects are running to program and within the agreed financial budget
- Consistently communicate with the Operations Manager and field management team keeping them updated on the progress of the current contracts
- take ownership and responsibility of ongoing projects
- Ensure contracts are compliant with all legislation, Health & Safety matters, policy and good practice
- Responsible for producing and submitting H&S CDM documents, Programmes for work,
- Construction Phase plans and O&M Manuals
- The planning and establishment of activities related to site set-up, including management of labour resources and materials.
- Responsible for the recruitment and training of direct employee's and sub-contractors for your team.
To be successful in this position you will be self-motivated, have excellent attention to detail, and be a person who is looking to go that extra mile for a company. In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and the option to grow within an already successful business. Additional requirements must include the following:
- Can work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of at least 6 years of Contract Management or Project Management roles in an office-based environment.
- Experience in being a qualified supervisor assessed to NICEIC or similar testing body standards.
- A strong understanding of Electrical Building Services Installations and Contracts Management.
- Have knowledge of the electrical industry both domestic and commercially and be able to evidence accordingly.
- Prior experience of working with public sector clients.
- Good product knowledge
- Ability to read and understand architectural plans and drawings.
- Good computer skills, with a knowledge of and proficiency in common office applications, such as MS word, Excel, Outlook, and general software navigation.
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Competent level of English for written and spoken communication required to relay information effectively to senior and junior team members and clients.
Salary for Electrical Contracts Manager circa £55k – £60k + Package