Design Manager – Main Contractor
£70,000 base salary + Travel Expenses to site + Pension + Bonus + Healthcare
A unique opportunity to join a growing Main Contractor, who work on exciting and challenging projects across variety of sectors with great reputation for delivering results.
This main contractor is looking for Design Coordinator to support the team on a £56 million RC frame new build residential scheme based in London.
Our client offers great benefits such as workplace flexibility and offer working from home. They offer staff excellent training and development to upskill and progress their career. They have great fun and family feel culture.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Have a sound understanding of the design process across all disciplines and manage interfaces and sequencing of design.
- Managing the design process, with a high focus on buildability and efficiency, to ensure the optimum solution is arrived at.
- Prepare and manage a detailed design and procurement programme considering all of the design interdependencies prevalent on large scale construction projects and linked to construction activities.
- Monitor and report on the design programme on a regular basis.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain a detailed Information Release Schedule which is backed by the design, procurement and construction programmes.
- Chair and minute regular design and technical meetings to ensure the design is developed in accordance with budget, programme and technical constraints.
- Challenge the design of external consultants to ensure best value.
- Examine all design information for compliance with commercial constraints, liaise with Commercial team where required.
- Identify and manage design associated risks.
- Identify Value Engineering opportunities and innovative alternative methods of construction.
- Investigate and analyse alternative specifications to ensure compliance and equivalency with Contract Requirements.
- Manage design change control process.
- Manage RFI process.
- Manage flow of design information and give direction to the Project Admin / Document Controller.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Construction related degree, ideally within design management (HNC / HND minimum).
- Design management experience with Main Contractor
- Good commercial and technical awareness within building technology and regulations
If you are interested in this opportunity please call me on 07485308791 or email me [email protected]